- Loss of hunger
- General sadness
- Lack of interest in leisure and activities
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Difficulty in getting in relation with others
- Suicidal thoughts
- Low self-esteem
- Feelings of guilt
- Feelings of despair
- Unresolved griefs
- Social isolation
- Frequent discouragements
- Excessive and persistent concern relating to life circumstances without any logic or factual foundings (based on actual facts).
- Muscular tension, fatigue, tremors and/or agitation.
- Symptomatology of hyperactivity: palpitations, difficulty in breathing or swallowing, nauseas and diarrhea.
- Symptomatology of hypervigilance : continous feeling of being in a limit situation, difficulty in concentrating, insomnia and general state of irritability.
- Repetitive fear of having a serious disease, without any medical founding that could confirm it.
- Varied symptomatology without organic foundation that compels the person to visit doctors frequently, to take medication without prescription, or, inversely, to have evitative behaviour regarding its own health condition.
- Stress-inducting factors that could lead to disease and that induce psychological conflicts.
- Excessive preoccupation and frequent complaints regarding a chronic pain in spite of the confirmed absence of a disease.
Chronic pain +
- Feeling pain for a period 6 months beyond the normal healing period in a way that this pain limits significantly the normal activity.
- Generalized pain at muscles, bones and joints that limit the normal functioning of the person.
- Progressive and abusive intake of pain-relief drugs.
- Daily feeling of tension, migraine and headaches.
- Rheumatoïd arthritis.
- Irritable colon.
- Stopping professional, home or leisure activities because of pain.
- Depressive symptomatology due to pain.
- General feeling of being limited: “I can’t do anymore what I used to” or “Nobody understands me” or “Why me?” or “When will all this stop?” or “I can’t go any longer like this”.